CGI Group – one of the largest IT and business consulting firms in the world, has been awarded the Level 1 Social Value Quality Mark®. CGI employs over 84,000 consultants and professionals and has major offices across the UK.
SVQM CIC were enlisted by the company to audit and verify their social value. As part of the process, CGI were asked to create a series of pledges spanning core elements of their strategy: Climate, People, Communities and Responsible Business.
The independent audit panel were impressed to see such a strong link between CGI’s core business operations and its value proposition. Highlights include:
- The Academy Training course, supporting professional training and recruitment.
- The student-focused EmployABILITY programme, helping underrepresented groups to pursue a career in STEM.
- The partnership with social enterprise Agent Academy, supporting the creation of 700 new jobs.
- Active membership of COP26 and a documented Net Zero strategy.
- Peer-to-peer employee networks for parents, LGTB+, BAME, Women, Disability and Neurodiverse, together with an active role in the AccelerateHER awards, promoting women in the industry.
- A comprehensive mental health programme, Oxygen.
The Level 1 award recognises CGI’s outstanding commitment to embed social value through every part of the business operation.
Philippa Green, Social Responsibility Director – CGI UK, says:
“Having our targets and ambitions verified to by the Social Value Quality Mark is the first step in assuring we have a robust and impactful programme – essential not just for winning new business, but for delivering for the communities in which we live and work. It’s great to receive this accreditation and we look forward to Level 2!”